By ABBYY Lingvo
The excellent English-Russian and Russian-English Learner's Dictionary of Collocations is the manufactured from the author's approach to compilation of learner's dictionaries comprehensively describing the English language method for Russian-speaking (thinking in Russian) scholars studying English. the most ideas of the method:
- specialise in a selected pupil (thinking in Russian);
- vocabulary choice in keeping with frequency;
- semantic constitution of phrases in accordance with frequency;
- presentation of vocabulary goods in phrases;
- commentaries to entries (4 varieties) in keeping with Russian-English contrastive and comparative studies;
- translation variants;
- purposes of linguistic content;
- Russian-English word list (reverse dictionary).
Total quantity of over 2 hundred author's sheets
The dictionary is a deciphering and coding learner's dictionary, i.e. it explains the incorporated words' meanings and also teaches pondering within the overseas language in addition to formulating/coding of a idea in Russian utilizing the English language. numerous comparative commentaries serve a similar purpose.
The authors depend upon the theories of words, their versions and ideas of the lexical items' cognitive body. those topics shape the theoretical foundation mirrored within the constitution of the dictionary's entries.
Read Online or Download ABBYY Lingvo Comprehensive Russian-English Dictionary PDF
Similar russia books
The Possessed (In Russian: Бесы, tr. Besy), additionally translated because the Devils or Demons, is an 1872 novel by means of Fyodor Dostoevsky. The Possessed is a really political publication, and is a testimonial of existence in Imperial Russia within the past due nineteenth century. because the progressive democrats start to upward thrust in Russia, diversified ideologies start to collide.
James R. Gibson deals a close learn that's either an account of this bankruptcy of Russian heritage and an entire exam of the altering geography of the Okhotsk Seaboard and the Kamchatka Peninsula over the process centuries.
Delivering a basic reinterpretation of the emergence of the Soviet nation, Peter Holquist situates the Bolshevik Revolution in the continuum of mobilization and violence that all started with international struggle I and prolonged via Russia's civil struggle. In so doing, Holquist presents a brand new family tree for Bolshevik political practices, one who areas them essentially between Russian and ecu wartime measures.
Contemporary archaeological reveals close to the Amur River have exposed a truly old tradition that relates on to the present-day peoples residing within the related common zone of Siberia. .. . There can hardly ever be one other position on this planet the place an old artwork is so heavily interwoven with modern existence. many of the archaeological and ethnographic items proven during this e-book belong to 2 sessions -- the Neolithic and the 19th and 20th centuries.
- Russia and Latin America: From Nation-State to Society of States
- Russian Monarchy: Representation and Rule (Imperial Encounters in Russian History)
- Tolstoy: A Russian Life
- Jagdwaffe volume Three, section 2: Barbarossa the Invasion of Russia June - December 1941
Extra info for ABBYY Lingvo Comprehensive Russian-English Dictionary
14. 15. 16. 17. 18. 19. 20. 21. 22. 23. 1838–1848); it contains his reminiscences on the intellectual movement in those years and on its participants, whom Annenkov knew well. Isaiah Berlin borrowed this title for four essays that appeared seriatim in Encounter in 1955– 1956 (then entitled “A Marvelous Decade”) and are now included in Berlin, Russian Thinkers, ed. Henry Hardy and Aileen Kelly with an introduction by A. ” On pp. 114–115 Sir Isaiah explains why he chose this title. A good book on the subject is Andrzej Walicki’s The Slavophile Controversy: History of a Conservative Utopia in Nineteenth-Century Russian Thought, trans.
The first element was Herzen’s opposition to all kind of abstractions. Although he believed in reason, scientific methods, individual action, and empirically discovered truths, he tended to suspect that faith in general formulas, and prescription in human affairs, was an attempt, sometimes catastrophic, to escape from the uncertainty and unpredictable variety of life. Like Isaiah Berlin and Ivan Turgenev, Herzen believed that human problems are too complex to demand simple solutions or to receive ready-made answers from abstract principles and recipes.
See Isabel de Madariaga, Russia in the Age of Catherine the Great (New Haven and London, 1981), pp. 151–163. John T. Alexander, Catherine the Great: Life and Legend (New York and Oxford, 1989), pp. ” For a sample of views on the Decembrist movement, see Anatole G. , The Decembrist Movement (Englewood Cliffs, 1966) (documents); Glynn Barratt, Voices in Exile: The Decembrist Memoirs (Montreal and London, 1974). The Soviet orthodox version was Militsa V. Nechkina, Dvizhenie Dekabristov [The Decembrist Movement], 2 vols.